Friday, June 26, 2009

Not much going on

In the past my reason/excuse for not updating was a lack of time. Since graduation I have plenty of time but not a lot to blog about. My life in the library world is limited to my time volunteering which is wonderful but I don't get to do it often, mostly because of the limited hours of the library.

I have had a lot of free time to read, take bike rides and I have joined a Jewish congregation but sadly there is not much (i.e. any) time devoted to going to interviews. I have been sending out many applications and resumes but I have not had a single interview. In the past 24 hours I have received a total of three rejection letters. Well not specifically rejections since I never interviewed but letters about the position being filled and they will keep my resume for future positions. I don't know if I like that they are rejecting me without having met me or if I would prefer that they do that after I have been to an interview.

While this can be disheartening I realize that this is a bad time to be looking for a job, that there are few positions out there and there are many qualified candidates including those who have years more experience than I do. Also I want to be unselfish and say that it is better for an unemployed person to be getting a job rather than myself since I am employed but it is hard to be that altruistic sometimes.

So I keep trying and hope that it gets better.

1 comment:

Trude said...

I hear ya. It took me just over 8 months to find my job, and I only had about three interviews in that time period. But I went into the last one full-throttle, and they hired me! :) You're a smart cookie, I know you'll find the right thing.